Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Neon Fan Brush Palm Trees

Hey guys! So I'm already gone and enjoying my summer but I have a lot of things in my drafts waiting to be published so hopefully you guys stick around. Here is one of many things that have been on my mind to execute, palm tree silhouettes! I think for my first time they came out amazing. Click past the jump for more details on this simple look.



This method be overdone but this is my first time using my fan brush. I started with a base of O.P.I. - Don't Bossanova Me Around a gorgeous nude/putty color that actually looks pretty good on me. I then used the fan brush to layer strokes of Barry - M BlackberryBarry M - GreenberryChina Glaze - Flip Flop Fantasy (original formula), and China Glaze - That's Shore Bright. I know I wanted a bright base but there's also something about layering a darker color over it that ties it together for me. I love how this came out! I think I had this in mind from an In N Out burger poster I saw... lol.

After I had the distressed type look I wanted I free handed some palm trees on with black acrylic paint. I just looked up a picture on Google images and went from there. For me it is easier to draw looking at things.




What do you think? I hope you guys enjoyed this look! I've got some guest post lined up from some of my awesome talented friends so I hope you will stick around to see their work on my blog while I am on vacation!

1 comment: