Friday, March 21, 2014

Powder Perfect - Fog Is Rolling In (Swatch+Review)

Hey all! I have this lovely polish that Jacinta from Powder Perfect was so kind enough to send to me. I am a huge fan of her microglitter polishes and she popped this in with my recent order.

Click the jump, because it's a lengthier than normal post :)


Experience the crumbling facades, secret spaces and neglected luxuries of eras long past with our new collection РAbandoned Mansion. This collection has 10 polishes that feature finishes ranging from cr̬me to glitter and scattered holographic polishes. The shades were inspired by the ethereal and, sometimes, desolate imagery that has been prevalent in every TV show and book I have picked up over the past year. They are colours you see in your mind as you think of old houses with grand fireplaces, cold stone walls, European forests and gothic fairy tales."

Isn't that chilling?? I cannot wait until her launch at international stockists so I can get my hands on some more. Jacinta also found some of Andre Govia’s work while researching for her collection. These images are so eerie. You wonder their background story.

 Fog Is Rolling In (so appropriate!) is a gorgeous multichrome that shifts from a mauve shade, to a dusty teal and purple. It also has a touch of holo which really comes to life in the sun. This polish is part of the Abandoned Mansion Collection. 

Photos below are two coats (although this is INSANELY opaque after one coat, cannot wait to stamp with this baby) over one coat of black polish, with top coat for shine.






See what I mean about that holo? Subtle in the office, dazzler outside ;) 



It's hard to come out with unique multichromes but I actually really love this one! The touch of pink/mauve gets me. And it is totally unique to my collection.

I am so excited that Jacinta's polishes will be made more available! I need to get to work putting the few glitter polishes I have of hers up here on my blog but I do have a couple posts on Instagram. 12. Aren't they amazing?!

For Aussie's, Powder Perfect can be found at www.powderperfect.com.au (AU$10/13mL) 
www.lacquerchic.com in the US (launch - end April)
 www.edgypolish.com for Sweden
 www.thenailistashop.com for Belgium!


No comments:

Post a Comment