Thursday, January 2, 2014

Thermal Flowers

 First post of the New Year! Woo!

I love thermals. They give such an effortless umph to your manicure. It's like a free gradient/french tip in a bottle for you!

I managed to snag a few polishes from Polished by KPT in her end of the year sale. This beauty was one I had my eyes on for a while, Kelvin Bleu. It's a gorgeous polish that is a translucent light grey/blue color when warm and a deep blue almost blurple color when cold. It's also got a scattered holo finish which my lightbox wasn't bright enough to capture. Trust me it's gorgeous though!

Tips are cold, nails are warm. Props to those who capture thermals so well!


Warm


Cold

I was really aiming to stamp white over a thermal after seeing Natalie's gorgeous post here, but sadly I don't have an opaque white to stamp with! So I settled for some water decals from the Born Pretty Store. I think they sufficed well enough.

I also love water decals because they can give a complicated look in less than a minute. That's my type of nail art. What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Aww you tagged me in your post! <3 I love how the white contrasts over the thermal.

    ReplyDelete