Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Bright Triangles

Today I did some really simple nail art based off this cute and bright tank top (racerback) I got at Target!







I was pretty pleased I had polishes in my collection that were 90% spot on with the colors on the tank top! The blue is Splish Splash by China Glaze, and the bright/neon mint color is Highlight of My Summer also by China Glaze.

I switched up how I usually do accent fingers and I did two, my index and middle finger. I started with two coats of  Milani White On the Spot and after that dried completely I placed striping tape down in an X pattern and sponged on 1-2 layers of the colors in the triangle sections formed from the tape.

I loved the result! I can't think of anyone who isn't obsessed with striping tape. They create such cool designs that can look like it took a lot of effort, when in reality it didn't! I also loved using the sponge in this design because that's what the triangles look like in the tank also. Like they have a sponged effect.

My thumb also made it's way into these photos. Two coats of Splish Splash!


 And Mr. Sunshine graced our little town with his presence today so I could capture some decent photos of these nubs. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment