Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Barry M Greenberry + Comparisons

I am so excited to share this! Me being in the US, Barry M is not widely available. Some of my favorite nail bloggers are from the UK where they have Barry M and I hear soo many good things about this brand! From color selection to quality this brand seems to constantly deliver. Plus since January, stricter customs laws have been placed in the UK, so for now, my nail buddy can't send me any polish :(

BUT I GOT MY HANDS ON ONE ANYWAY! From the supplier Ninja Polish!!!! Can you tell I was a little excited when I found out they carry them? My heart almost stopped.

I only let myself have one, so I chose Greenberry from Barry M's Gelly line! 100% happy with my choice.




Ahhhhh, Greenberry is a super refreshing BRIGHT turquoise/aqua colored creme nail polish! It leans a little more green than blue in the pictures above. It is also a million times prettier! Pictures do not do it justice.
Everyone who has had the chance to buy these are correct. Formula is mind blowing. First coat was streaky but the second coat completely leveled everything out and made it opaque. Did I mention the color was to die for? And the gelly element of these polishes are not like the jellies we know (sheer and "squishy" looking) but they promise a high gel manicure like shine. And boyyyy do they deliver that! Without topcoat it was so. shiny. Couldn't believe it! I added top coat anyway as a general rule and to make it last longer. I am on my second day with no chips!

Essie: Turquoise and Caicos, Barry M: Greenberry, China Glaze: Highlight of My Summer 
no top coat on swatch wheel above


 I read in a blog somewhere that they thought China Glaze "Highlight of My Summer" was similar to Greenberry and I am happy to say there are no dupes here! Greenberry also reminded me somewhat of a brighter Turquoise and Caicos by Essie (jelly) but side by side they are not the same.

Sometimes wildlife can appear in my photos... 


Soooo glad I have finally gotten a taste (not literally!) of what Barry M polishes are like. Now if custom laws could just let up so I could buy them ALL! Definitely pick these up if they are available where you are!

Thanks for reading! 

1 comment:

  1. Shoot, Ninja Polish is closed as of 05/07/14 thanks for the info anyway!

    ReplyDelete